A video executive named Tilley, John passed away on October 10, 2023, at the age of 75. He was renowned for introducing Pedro Almodovar’s pictures to American audiences. He was employed by a number of separate film studios, including Strand Releasing, Cinevista, and United Artists Classics. He even co-founded ProActive, a consulting company that assisted European artists in reaching audiences abroad. He was raised in Columbia, South Carolina, and holds a degree from that institution. He began his professional life as a writer for WKYT-TV before moving on to distribute and produce movies. He had no kids of his own after getting married to Martha Henderson in 1991. In New York City, he passed away from cancer.
Biography of Tilley, John
|Birthplace||South Carolina’s Columbia, United States|
|Age( 2023 )||75( deceased )|
|Profession||Executive and expert in video distribution|
|State / Home Town||South Carolina’s Columbia, United States|
|College||South Carolina University|
|academic background||Bachelor’s level|
|Hobbies||Observing and promoting separate movies|
|Relationship Status||a romantic connection|
Tilley, John Early Life and Education:
- Tilley, John was born in Columbia, South Carolina, and graduated from the South Carolina University with a bachelor’s degree.
- His interest in film, professional film show, and distribution grew.
Tilley, John Family Details:
Tilley, John Career Highlights:
- Tilley, John started his career at Libra Films, working with pioneering distributor Ben Barenholtz, handling the releases of films including David Lynch’s “Eraserhead” and Derek Jarman’s “Sebastiane.”
- He later rose to the position of National Sales Director at United Artists Classics, where he expanded the business’s offerings beyond theatre picture to first-run theatrical productions and non-United Artist pictures.
- Along with Rene Fuentes, he co-founded Cinevista, Inc., which acquired and released the second eight films from Pedro Almodovar as well as works by Jarman, Paul Morrissey, Jonathan Demme, and M. Night Shyamalan.
- Together with Joy Pereths, he co-founded ProActive in 1997, which aimed to support independent artists in the UK and Europe and represented British Screen Finance, the British Council, and Parallax Films by Ken Loach.
- He helped create home video distribution sections at Picture This! and worked as an independent supply consultant on specialized movies and documentaries like” Shooting Porn” by Ronnie Larson and” Perestroika by Slava Tsukerman.” At Overseas / First Look and for entertainment.
- In 2001, he joined Strand Releasing and oversaw the home video submission of a number of books, including The Headless Woman by Lucrecia Martel, Mysterious Skin by Gregg Araki, and Head-On by Fatih Akin.
- He oversaw the launch of 10 films, including three that were submissions from their countries for foreign language Oscars, while serving as senior VP acquisitions and musical submission for Olive Films.
- He worked as a sales representative for Mike Malloy’s” Eurocrime” and Simon Glass’ video” The Last Tribe.”
- Danielle Feeney, the spouse of Charles, is who?
- Who is Eileen Gordon Chiarello, the family of Michael Chiarelli?
- Hughes Van Ellis: Who was he?
- Louise Meriwether: Who was she?
- Kevin Phillips: Who was he?
Thank you for reading our article about “Who was Tilley, John? Cause of Death, Age, Wiki, Bio, Family, Career, Net Worth & More”. We hope you enjoyed learning more about this amazing person and her life story. We are always eager to share interesting and inspiring biographies of celebrities and influencers with our readers. If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and leave a comment below. Your feedback and support motivate us to write more quality content for you. Stay tuned for more updates on our blog!
The Hindu Times is the online news spreading platform where you can read about the latest topics and trendy things also. You will like to read latest updates on your mobile phones. Just hit TheHinduTimes.Com